Financial Training and Coaching to Give Your People the Skills they Need to Make Your Business More Secure and Successful
All training is tailored to exactly what you are looking for, and is based around your current knowledge and the reasons behind wanting to improve your skills base.
This is a very popular service that has evolved out of our clients wanting to understand their finances better. This is typically quite informal and is an on-going program of talking through the accounts and building up the knowledge of the financial principles and issues and how they affect your business. Over time clients who only had a basic understanding of finance now understand issues such as their liquidity, gearing, funding, the risks in their business, and how to factor the financial implications into their business decisions.
Financial training for your management team/bookkeeper
For many of our clients we have an edited version of the management accounts that does not disclose sensitive information but shows the parts of the business that the management team can affect.
Training for managers can include:
- How to read and understand the management accounts - what to do they mean and what numbers they can influence
- Managing and increasing gross margins - understanding the impact of stock and work in progress
- Quoting and costing new jobs, understanding what costs need to be accounted for and what profit levels are needed to accept a job
- Understanding cost control and budgeting
Financial training for accounts staff/bookkeepers
Typically this is up-skilling your current accounts team and include:
- A review of their processes to see what improvements can be made to increase efficiency
- Credit control training - in most companies there are improvements that can be made to bring cash into your business more quickly - reducing your working capital requirement.
- Effective purchase ledger management
- Stock control
- Developing their book keeping skills
- Training on how to set up management reporting
- Training on setting up flash reporting
- General Sage training
"I am pleased to say I have a much better understanding of the "dark arts" of financial accounts after the training and lot of the gaps are now filled in. Not only was the training extremely useful, you made it interesting and enjoyable as well. Now we are in a much better position to use our accounts for the benefit of the company." Matt Brown, Sales and Technical Director, Bampton Packaging Ltd.
"Our accountants recommended Peopleshare to us so that we could get some monthly procedures put into place. Rachel came on board and we have never looked back. Rachel is efficient and extremely knowledgeable as well as being easy to work with and down to earth. She makes the most complex of matters easy to understand and is always at hand to help should we need a bit of hand holding. We would certainly recommend Peopleshare to anyone who wants friendly yet expert advice and assistance with their accounts." Carey York, Practice Manager Emery Johnson